Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Touch of Nostalgia

Hey guys,

First off..I've had absolutely no time to even contemplate drawing this week. With my doggy dying and coming back home, it really took a chunk out of my time unfortunately. However, amidst all the doom and gloom of my life I came across my old art portfolio circa 2008-2009 and surprisingly I wasn't too bad...

My first series of images is from my preliminary Leaving Cert. Mock 2009. I was head over heels with Da Vinci and anatomical figures. I also threw in a twist of Celtic designs and a map design to incorporate the aged style into my poster.



A few close ups


I've never been a big fan of oil pastel, so clearly when forced to do it, it turned out quite lackluster on the brain.

Now onto the finished product of those! I incorporated a few of the designs together to create a cohesive poster, which seems like absolute decades ago now!


This poster was supposed to read "Natural Art History" or some bollocks I can't remember. The lettering however was actually atrocious...like, severely so. I tried to incorporate the eye into a skull with  an *cough* attempt to show some form of muscle ( absolute fail ) but overall I thought I got my point across. I absolutely that decrepit man and thought; ah let his brains hang out for the craic like...

An area I wasn't completely skilled in was painting. To be honest i busted my ass painting over and over whilst trying not to ram my No.6  DALER- ROWNEY down her bloody throat. Eventually however, I got some ability!

Painting No.1:  The Face:


Her eyes are a bit small for her ehm, colossal face, I think I didn't fully commit on this painting...it's not as polished as I'd like..but I developed a bit more confidence after this painting in terms of execution and also shading.

Painting No.2:  The Ex Wife:


                                                           Her face actually killed me

I had a few more pieces of work however, my friends managed to steal them for their own bedrooms. Quite flattering if I do say so myself! Hope ye enjoyed some of my better works.

Mark x

No comments:

Post a Comment